119. Sibling Talk with MaddieJan 12, 2023
Today we have our very first guest on the podcast, and who better than my daughter, Jordan's sister, Madison?
Maddie and I talk about her experience growing up with a brother with autism and a single mom.
It is a candid and open conversation and she shares her perspective on what it was like and the differences she sees now as a young adult.
- What was the most difficult part for you growing up with a brother on the spectrum?
- Do you remember me explaining Jordan's autism to you at various times to help you understand?
- Did you ever feel like you were missing out on anything because of Jordan?
- Were there any times that you can remember when he did something that embarrassed you?
- Are there any things that you worry about as Jordan get's older?
- How do you see that your relationship has changed as you are both young adults now?
I believe that Madison growing up with an autistic brother gave her compassion and understanding at a very young age. She is the least judgmental person I know and I think much of that comes from having a brother that was different.
If you want to learn strategies and tools that you can use to improve your life along this autism parenting journey, becoming Not Your Average Autism Mom is your answer. Is the educational journey overwhelming and confusing for you? Our member portal has an array of training and resources with everything you need to know about Special Education and you can join LIVE ZOOM calls with an Advocate to get any of your specific questions answered. Maybe you are feeling alone on your journey or maybe you are looking for other moms to connect with in a PRIVATE community who understand your day-to-day challenges, be sure that you check out ALL THE BENEFITS available for you when you BECOME Not Your Average Autism Mom.